Our reunion events went like this:
- Friday night - the last FHC home football game (we were soaking wet with the rain, but the Rangers won of course) and since we were drenched and frozen, we hit the local grill for socializing, followed by drinks at a local bar. Phil and I skipped the bar.
- Saturday brunch - a pig roast from a local chef at the Cascade Township Park. This was a chance for folks with children to allow their families to be a part of the activities. Another success!
- Saturday evening - what can I say? The laughter, hugs, tears, music, food, pictures, shot luge ice sculpture (my class still likes to party, though I usually pass out on anything more than one drink, so O'Doul's was my friend) the energy was incredible! I had decided to donate the St. Paddy's Day Mystery Quilt from Quiltaholics...the author named it Motion. The quilt was won by one of my classmates whom I've known since elementary school. A very kind hearted person Marc VW. Let me just say there are pictures 'out there' of me wrapped (I mean trapped) in the quilt w/Marc being forced to dance. Ugh! How embarrassing! Anyway, it was all in good fun!
- Sunday morning - brunch was perfect! Held at a little restaurant in Ada that opened its doors just for us.
- Sunday afternoon golf - I don't golf, but I saw pictures of the course. The fall leaves were stunning!
I suspect that I'm not the only one that appreciates these gatherings of old FHC Rangers, class of 1982! So here it is, the day before Thanksgiving and this Friday night is another gathering to listen to our favorite band Trilogy! Yeah! It has been suggested that we have an unofficial 27-1/2 year cruise! Count me in! Even Phil is thinking he could have fun! We need to start saving our change now.
I will always believe that our class is special and blessed. If I were asked to describe them in one word, I would have to say they are 'beautiful' people. Why? Because they just are. Every one of them has a personality that just shines. It doesn't matter if you have the most or the least, have had hard times or easy, fat or thin, short or tall, kids or none, or are married or not. What matters, quite simply is that we are all part of each other. We have all touched one another's lives and as we have grown and matured we recognize a certain kinship.Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, I find myself counting in my blessings, this big bunch of beautiful people that I am thankful for. I also wish happiness, peace, and love for all of my family and friends...those with us and not.

No comments:
Post a Comment