Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WHERE did the time go?

Simply, I'm certain that someone has stolen a few months from me and I'd like to know where they went??

Life has shifted into Indy 500 speed and I need to put the brakes on to bring it back down to a pace I can manage. So...hopefully I can more appropriately update my blog in the near future, but in a rundown, this is it. :)

Work -- I'm working as fast as I can! Still love my job!

The babies -- Miss Chloe' is still finding her comfort zone, but is doing tons better! She still occasionally has verbal disagreements mostly with Baby Minette, but those are usually near feeding time. Chloe' is also supposed to have her picture in a magazine. There will be more of that when it happens. :) Everyone else is enjoying the summer sunshine in the windows!

Sewing -- not much has happened. I've finished one group project and sent that off, but haven't heard if the recipient has received it yet. This year I need to complete: 1 pin cushion, two Think Pink bags, squishy swaps, and at least 1 of my friend Tim and his wife Heather's daughter's quilts.

Reorganization project -- I've managed to clean out 99% of the 'storage' room and it is now my antique sewing machine room. LOVE having gained that space. Still have more stuff to complete just to finish up the sewing room reorganization project, but hopefully soon. This did open up one more window for kitties to enjoy! I also installed ceiling fan in the room with very LITTLE help from Phil. =) YEAH!

Antique Sewing Machines -- I love them. Have finally been able to play with them some and went to the Michigan TOGA. It is not a TOGA party with sheets, get your minds out of the gutter! LOL! A TOGA is a TreadleOn Gathering Academy, an event where antique sewing machine collectors gather. My oldest is an 1880 White VS1. I am also very fond of my New Home Model A.

What's next? Well, as if I don't have enough to do, my friend Tina and I have formalized our joint interest in New Home Sewing machines into a research project. If you have a New Home Sewing Machine pre-1960, I would love to gather some data from you. I've created a webshots page that contains pictures of some of my antique sewing machines. You can find it here: http://community.webshots.com/user/abycats

Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things and update this sooner.

No comments: