I can't believe it's April already!!!
Sigh...here I am starting out talking about time again. It is officially Spring, and I note that since I've last posted much has happened. I was rear-ended in a car accident, Easter passed, I celebrated another birthday, and I can hardly believe we've had Miss Chloé for almost two months already! She is settling in and finding her place with the rest of the gang! Here's a picture of her hanging out with Phil in the radio room. She was even caught sitting next to Phoebe on top of a cabinet! This is progress!
Of course, Phoebe is leader of the pack and is also one of the sweetest kitties anyone could ever meet! Here's a picture of her in the radio room! See, she is one adorable girl! She also championed in her younger days, and had two or three litters before she was retired and we brought her home! What a blessing she is to us!
I have also been consumed with responsibilities at work and commitments with swaps with my favorite quilt group. My interest is shifting a bit more to my antique sewing machines and I realize I haven't shared them with you yet. In December, Phil sent me a copy of an ad on Craig's List with a woman looking for someone to take her mother's old machines. There were six of them, I took them and informed my dear friend Carol that as I do not have room for them all that she had to come get at least a couple of them. She was happy to take three of them in and sent her sister and my friend Suzy to pick them up. You think that would have been a good dose for a while, but then I got together with some fellow treadleon ladies and needless to say I came home with a Singer 66 and a small electric Singer 99. I have had this passion for old treadle sewing machines since I was a little girl. When I was 10 years old, I inherited one from my paternal grandmother when she passed. My oldest machine is a Wheeler & Wilson 9 from the late 1800's, my most cool looking is the Wilcox & Gibbs, and the nicest decals and cabinet can be found on my badged National Young & Chaffee Winner...my New Home Treadle has advertisements stamped in the drawers and a velvet top. My goal this spring is to clean out the store room so I can get some of my machines organized and we can remove some of the extra stuff we are hanging onto. Additionally, I would like to find a couple different and smaller end tables as I gave my coffee table to my mom, and she now wants the end tables and is doing what mother's do best to make sure I know it...every few weeks I get asked when she can have them. The coffee table and end tables were given to me by my sister and brother-in-law and are made of a very nice wood with heavy glass tops. Mind you, my mom wasn't even sure she wanted the coffee table or end tables, but now, she is making darn sure that I don't forget. So, the mission is to find suitable end tables for our living room at a price that will fit into my budget. Phil won't let me use sewing machines for fear they will get damaged if something accidentally spilled on them...
I have been dancing every month since we started our monthly get together! I usually can't walk afterwards, but the fun and exercise are well worth it! I've promised to dance till I drop this month!
That's about enough for now...I am so far behind in visiting my friends blogs and would also like to remind all of you of the Pay It Forward!Hopefully I'll be able to check in again soon! Oh, and one more picture was found of me in my early 20's. This is me with my mom's cat Lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment