Saturday, February 9, 2008

Welcome home Chloé!!!

As you may know the loss of Molly and Eliana has left a bit of a hole in my heart. So, I've been looking online at the local rescue groups for a baby who needed a home that might fill that spot. I have lots of love to give, so imagine my surprise when I discovered there are more rescue groups in my area than I thought! The one kitty from the area that caught my heart was Chloé who was at Jandy's Home.


After a bit of correspondence with Amy of Jandy's Home, we decided to meet Chloé today. That baby found her way into our heart (I knew she would). So, we brought Chloé home and slowly have begun the introduction process with our other babies. She has eaten, drank water, used the box, and played. I think once she gets used to the others and they get used to her, she will fit right in. I had a very hard time trying to get a picture of her, but here are a couple (I apologize for the unmade bed, I took a nap and she slept on my pillow while Tyler slept under the blankets and Phoebe alongside of me). =)



I can't wait until Chloé discovers the cat tree and the bird feeders! I understand she has a real talent for bird watching!

Welcome Home Chloé!!!

When we left with Chloe, I had forgotten my camera and had to make a return trip to Jandy's Home. I didn't go empty handed, I brought a couple rolls of paper towel, a donation quilt (bright colors), and a small kitty size quilt.

My shameless plug -- Jandy's Home is in need of donations of towels, paper towels, cat toys, cat supplies, food, good bowls, bleach, pillow cases, gift certificates to local pet stores, cat books, etc. If you are on a limited budget, you can always donate your time...lots of homeless animals in all of our local rescue areas or shelters need attention (including your own respective areas). Also, please remember to spay and neuter your pets!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Congratulations on your new baby! She sure is a beauty! Give her a pet for me...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Marion!

kcdi said...

Congratulations to you both! She looks so much like my "passed on" kitty, Thomas!!! Oh, and you've been tagged, see my blog! :)

Amy said...

Nice job, Marion. We knew it would take a special person to see the beauty of Chloe and give her the chance she deserves. She looks happier than I've ever seen her.......