Saturday, September 8, 2007

Feast or Famine...


I'm in one of those stretches at work...you know the kind, feast or famine! I have so many projects at work that my weekend will be split between working, some chores, and I'd love to get some sewing in...but first, I thought I'd spend a moment in my little corner.

I have lots of sewing projects to do as well, some will take creativity on my part such as the Halloween blocks I need to make for a swap (due this month) and Christmas Ornament Swap (this the idea won't leave my brain, so I hope it works as it is original...) and I really need to finish up the donation quilt for my class reunion fund raiser. The problem I have is that the quilt I decided to donate is one that another quilty friend said I was hugely undervaluing. I can't say a quilt I made is worth what she says it's valued at, but it is significantly higher in value than what I thought. So, I'm now thinking about another quilt top I made this year (The St. Paddy's Day Mystery Quilt). Also an intense endeavor with many pieces and parts. Here are some pictures, I ask you please ignore the wrinkles as they are both in UFO state (unfinished objects). I apologize for the lack of quality in the pictures. I already had a picture of the St. Paddy's Day Mystery quilt and I just took pictures (or tried) of the tan/green/purple quilt -- I had some helpers.
Phoebe was underneath and Tyler was on top...you can see him inspecting.
In the tan/green/purple quilt, the purple looks navy in the pictures, but is actually purple. Anyway, I will probably send the St. Paddy's Day Mystery Quilt -- it was still very intense work of art, the dark color is not black but is a dark green, but not as much $ invested into it. What is your opinion? Which one do you think I should hang onto and which one do you think I should donate?

Phil just came by and took out the window air-conditioner...a sure sign of fall. The light is just pouring into the sewing room. The air-conditioner is no taller than 1 foot, I wonder how could it suck up so much light? I am anxiously awaiting the reinstallation of the screen and getting the fresh air, but alas, I've been told "we are taking a break". Tyler is acting like a wild man he's running and jumping and 'talking' -- typical with the anticipation of another window to fight the girls over. Well, I better get started with the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marion; thats a nice quilt you have there. Oh what's it laying on for the photo? Is that a NEW DECK built by your wonderful husband and his friend Jim? Sure looks like it. Makes a nice quilt layout table!

Anonymous said...

Marion chose the one that is the easiest to part with , and keep the other for yourself or a gift to a loved one. As quilters we give away alot of our quilts but we are careful about who gets what. We don't give heirlooms to kids as night-night blankets , that doesn't mean that less love went into making it.
Its not so much an issue of which cost the most to make but which will cost you the most to never see again. L and H

kcdi said...

Marion, keep the one that you love the most. Don't let the "cost" determine it's worth. Because the one you love the least, might be the one that someone else would love the most. Beauty, and value, can be found in the eye of the beholder. I know which one I would keep... but I'm not telling. :-P~~~

Quilter Kathy said...

I think they are both wonderful quilts, so just pick whichever one you feel less attached to for the donation quilt.
Great job on Deb's Quiltaholic mystery!