It was July 1996 when we brought that little 4 month old puppy home. She chose us when she laid her head on my foot at the animal shelter and sighed. She was a very intelligent dog and demonstrated this throughout her years.Molly was a Canardly...you can hardly tell what kind of dog she was. Though, we suspected a bit of site hound as she loved the laser.
We shared a lot of memories with Molly. I remember when she decided she didn't like pig ears anymore...one got stuck in her mouth. Oh, she could clean house on those long lasting chewies in about 30 minutes, she loved her people and to be near us and loved going to the ice cream stand in Rockford for doggie ice cream (they put dog biscuits in the cup)...she was also a beggar. If I had something she wanted, she would look at me and I would give her 'the look' and she'd put her head back down. Don't get me wrong, I'd share with her, but it was our little game...a few minutes later she'd be back staring at me.
She was mischievous...the day she taught my sister Yvonne's whippets to jump the baby gate was hilarious, she flipped over in the air for Yvonne for a treat, she would sit there with a look of 'what do I do' when the cats would adore her by rubbing their faces against hers...she was very patient and kind. Well usually, except when guests would come over if she didn't get immediate and heavy attention she would seek the nearest kitty toy and eat it.
She was playful...we'd play 'catch your tongue' or 'keep-away' and she loved her tennis balls or stuffed animals, especially the animals that made sound.
Today we had to say goodbye to Molly, as her body rapidly failed her sharp mind. Her passing was peaceful. Our hearts are filled with an ache earned by years of devotion, love, and companionship. If you are reading this we just hope you will send a warm thought or prayer for Molly and for us to ease our hearts during this difficult time.
Goodbye Molly, we love you, we'll miss you.

6 comments:
My heart goes out to you--I can just tell by the look in her eyes what kind of dog she was.
Marion
For a cat person you sure pour your heart and soul out in the tribute to Molly. Your love for her was as true as her loyalty to you and Phil. Maybe she's running the same fields as my Angel and Bubba , and yes of course its a field of stuff animals and toys.
It's a wonderful goodbye to a beautiful animal.
Cathy
What a lovely tribute to your dog Molly. She was a wonderful part of your family. Your happy memories of her will help you through this time.
Hugs, May in Jersey
Marion,
I'm so very sorry about Molly. My heart and prayers go out to you. She was beautiful and will remain so. (((HUGS)))
Oh so sad Marion!:( But I do love your tribute so much. Excuse me...I have something in my eye...
Marion I was sad to get the phone call from you telling me about Molly. She was always excited to see me when I came over. She sure got so ill fast But I am glad it was not for a long time.
I will miss her wagging her tail when she greeted me at the car.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Phillip.
Post a Comment