Monday, December 24, 2007

The first snow fight...

There was a squeak that sounded like the door opening...upon further inspection, I noticed the inside door open, the storm door closed, and peaked outside to see Phillip coming up the steps with a box full of snow in his bare feet (!!!!), shorts (!!!), and a tee shirt (!!!). Too bad for him I heard the door squeak! I locked him out for about a minute and a half before he finally dropped the box of snow. He thought he was being so clever...

Well, needless to say, when he announced he was ready to fight, I already had 3 layers of clothes on, added my boots, hat, coat, his mittens (mine are in the car or not handy) and proceeded to win the battle. He made it out the door before I did, so I got much of the snow that was in the box thrown on me, but was able to thoroughly douse him with the rest AND I managed to confiscate the box as well. Down the steps we went...

He tried to stay on the cleared path...I went right into the yard and battle we did. We both got it, but he verbally announced me the winner of this fight. =) Mark one win for me, zero for Phil. The battle is not over yet...

I find myself yearning for a good snowball fight and toboggan ride! I bet I probably wouldn't walk after one trip down a big hill, but the fun of it would almost be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was just the first round. I let Marion win, I will prevail! I always do. To be continued.........

Phil