Wow, like everyone else, I have been so busy lately! Deadlines with some priorities at work have been a major focus, trying to get my Christmas gifts done, Christmas cards need to be in the mail by tomorrow, I have a couple packages that are overdue hitting the postal station. Plus, I'd like to finish up an old snowman throw for a family that moved in next door.
I'm so excited, it finally snowed! A lot! I love it...all 6+inches! I figure living in Michigan, if you don't like it then leave. Just don't complain about it. People will start too, they will complain about it from this next week until February when it starts to dwindle. I'd rather have all the beauty and seasons that Michigan offers and can't imagine what it would be like without it. Winter here without the snow is just dark and gray, the snow blankets the earth and trees and accentuates the beauty of nature that may otherwise go unnoticed. I'd love to go for a walk on the nature trail, but time won't allow this time. Last weekend we went to a farm to get a Christmas tree. I had been using an imitation tree since we moved here, but decided it was time to enjoy the real thing again. It is a perfect Fraser Fir. I attempted to take a photo, but will try again later when it is evening. The critters keep trying to get at the tree water, but we have a wood cover we rigged up. Unfortunately they are pretty ingenious creatures and keep managing to pry the lid open. I can tell when they are poking around under the tree because some of the safe ornaments down low are bells, and you know what they say..."every time a bell rings, a kitty's under the Christmas tree" oh wait, that's just at our house. I think it's "an angel gets her wings". =)
Phil just came in from snow-blowing and the wind is starting to kick up. He generously also maintains our elderly neighbor's driveway when it snows, but, he made me proud when he also blew out the driveway of the lady next door. From what I understand, the husband has been severely injured in an accident of some kind, there is a community program that just installed a ramp for his wheelchair. There are several children in their household. Times are hard on all of us, but they really appear to be hard on them. Granted her children could probably shovel, but some of the best gifts are in the act of doing. I noticed one of her teen-aged kids walking down the road yesterday with just a sweatshirt jacket and sneakers. Part of this may be the child's obstinate, but part of it may be a need. I know there are programs that would help out with coats and boots, but not sure how to 'go there' without coming across the wrong way to someone I've never met.
I have Jazzy trying to get my attention so I will rub her belly, drink some coffee, and I need to post pictures of the rest of my Christmas Ornaments I received from the exchange, then I need to get my butt in gear.
I hope everyone is enjoying the beauty of the season, wherever you are.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment